Friday, August 1, 2008

The Stiver House


There's something about red doors that I really love.If I had more time, I would drive around town and try to take pictures of any red doors that I see. The color red has so many meanings ranging from temper and anger, to prosperity and joy (the Chinese regard the color red as a sign of good luck). A church door painted red is also considered a symbol of refuge. To all concerned the red on the doors signified the blood of Christ that had been shed so that all who came to him could be saved. Anyone who passed through those doors was safe as long as they stayed behind them. As for me, an object painted red represents something fun, fabulous, and just brightens my day. So when I saw this red door at Main Street, Unionville I had to take a photo.

1 comments:

Shana-Lynn August 2, 2008 at 9:56 AM  

I wish my door looked like that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP